Each year, the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation® (AAMI) hosts Healthcare Technology Management (HTM) Week. The purpose: “to promote awareness of—and appreciation for—the critical work of the professionals who manage and maintain the vast assortment of health technology found in healthcare delivery organizations.”
All of us at STANLEY Healthcare agree: Biomedical equipment technicians, clinical engineers and related professionals are worth celebrating!
In conjunction with this year’s HTM Week, we are pleased to recognize the Clinical Engineering team at Peninsula Regional Medical Center (PRMC), led by Mark Cornelius, as the 2019 recipient of STANLEY Healthcare’s Healthcare Technology Management Team of the Year Award.
Mark and the Biomedical Engineers at PRMC stand out for their commitment and proven results in leveraging RTLS technology. From the earliest days of our collaboration with Mark, he’s been a true innovator in RTLS. His vision and leadership have enabled PRMC to deliver tangible improvements on multiple fronts.
Here are just a few highlights:
- In one year alone, PRMC avoided $250,000 in additional infusion pump purchases.
- With real-time visibility and alerts, PRMC saves an estimated $36,000 per year on telemetry monitors that might otherwise have been lost to shrinkage.
- The clinical engineering team performs preventive maintenance on 100% of their infusion pumps in 10 days, significantly faster and complete prior to the system.
- By automating temperature monitoring, PRMC freed up 1,700 hours per year of clinicians’ time.
- PRMC continues to be at the forefront of using RTLS to power multiple use cases—from PAR Level Management and Shrinkage Control to Temperature Monitoring and Infant and Staff Protection.
"Our long-time partnership with STANLEY Healthcare has allowed us to find new and more efficient ways to manage our medical equipment and reduce costs. Over time, it has been great to see other areas of the organization adopt and benefit from the RTLS platform as well,” said Mark Cornelius, Director of Clinical Engineering at PRMC. “I’m honored to accept the award on behalf our outstanding team.”
We’re proud of what PRMC has achieved and continues to deliver. We’re also honored by Mark’s willingness to continually innovate and collaborate with us as we extend and enhance our solutions. Thanks for being an RTLS visionary, Mark, and congratulations on being selected for STANLEY Healthcare’s HTM Team Award.