The Most Trusted Solution for Infant Protection
The Hugs Infant Protection system is the leader in security solutions for OB and pediatric units. It protects over 1.5 million babies every year across more than 1,200 hospitals worldwide. By helping to protect infants from the threat of abduction and mother/infant mismatches, the Hugs system provides peace of mind for parents, nurses, administrators and security staff.
The Hugs system protects infants on multiple levels:
- Exit Protection: Alarm is triggered when infant gets near an exit; system immediately identifies infant and exact location.
- Tamper Protection: Alarm is triggered in software with any attempt to detach or cut tag strap.
- Supervision Protection: Alarm is generated when regular signal, which is sent out every ten seconds, is no longer seen by the system.
More Time for Patient Care
The Hugs system is easy to set up, use and administer so you can focus more time on patient care:
- Mother/Infant Matching: With the Kisses option, the Hugs system automatically confirms that the right baby is with the right mother.
- Automatic Enrollment: Tag attaches in seconds and is automatically enrolled in the software.
- No Manual Tests: No manual checks of infant tags or other devices are required to make sure they’re working.
The Hugs system integrates with other hospital systems, helping to automate tasks for improved workflow and patient care: