Halton Healthcare Deploys STANLEY Healthcare’s AeroScout RTLS Platform at New Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital
Wi-Fi based solutions for Asset Management, Environmental Monitoring, Infant Protection, Patient Protection and Staff Assist support increased patient safety and efficiency across the new hospital
WALTHAM, Mass., March 15, 2016— STANLEY Healthcare, a market leading provider of visibility solutions and analytics for the healthcare industry, today announced that Halton Healthcare has deployed multiple solutions of the AeroScout Real-time Location System (RTLS) platform at the new location of Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital.
The hospital is using the AeroScout solution for a broad range of security, safety and operational efficiency applications:
- Asset Management: Real-time tracking of a wide range of equipment, including IV pumps, mobile diagnostic equipment and patient handling equipment;
- Environmental Monitoring: 24/7 monitoring of refrigerators and freezers in the Laboratory, Pharmacy, Blood Bank and Food Services to ensure that materials are stored within the prescribed temperature range;
- Hugs Infant Protection: Hospital-wide security for new-born infants to protect them against the risk of abduction;
- Patient Protection: Individual protection for adult and pediatric patients at risk of flight;
- Staff Assist: Personal protection for staff members to enable them to call for help for themselves or others in an emergency.
All these solutions use STANLEY Healthcare’s market-leading RTLS technology, recognized as KLAS Category Leader for RTLS for five straight years. The AeroScout solution leverages the Wi-Fi network to provide real-time updates on the status and location of patients, caregivers and equipment throughout the hospital.
“Our vision for the new Oakville hospital is as a center of healthcare excellence that provides the highest quality patient-centered care,” says Sandy Saggar, Chief Information Officer of Halton Healthcare. “Working together with general contractor EllisDon and other development partners, we identified cutting-edge technology – including the AeroScout solution – that would enable us to make this a reality at Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital.”
In addition to STANLEY Healthcare’s solutions, Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital incorporates a range of technology innovations, including a newly designed emergency department for improved efficiency and enhanced infection control, and automated systems for laboratory testing and medication management.
“We are very pleased to have delivered this comprehensive RTLS solution to Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital,” said Gabi Daniely, Vice President of Solutions, Products and Marketing at STANLEY Healthcare. “The AeroScout suite of solutions has a proven track record at hundreds of hospital worldwide in increasing patient and staff safety, driving efficiency and empowering staff to deliver excellent care.”
Let's start a conversation today
- North America +1 (888) 622-6992
- International +1 (781) 216-9200