STANLEY Healthcare Announces New T14 Patient/Staff Badge for its Wi-Fi AeroScout® RTLS Solutions
Rechargeable, ergonomic badge supports STANLEY Healthcare’s patient flow, staff workflow and other solutions.
WALTHAM, Mass., June 8, 2015 — STANLEY Healthcare, a market leading provider of visibility solutions and analytics for the healthcare industry, today announced the release of the T14 patient/staff badge for its AeroScout MobileView® platform, the KLAS Category Leader for Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS). The T14 is a new design developed specifically for advanced patient and staff applications and validated through extensive customer consultation and evaluation. The new badge is available now, and will be highlighted at STANLEY Healthcare’s booth #3221 at Cisco Live, June 8-11 in San Diego, California.
The T14 is a new bi-directional Wi-Fi tag from STANLEY Healthcare. Bi-directional functionality enables over-the-air reprogramming of the badge for rapid and secure modification of the use case or firmware upgrades. In addition to leveraging standard Wi-Fi for location, the badge supports bay-level location and room-level location, providing flexibility to meet a variety of use cases. It is also the smallest and lightest badge for adults from STANLEY Healthcare, weighing only 0.56 oz. (16 g), a 44% reduction from the previous patient badge.
The T14 supports numerous patient and staff use cases:
- Patient Flow and Staff Workflow: The T14 badge can be used to locate both patients and staff members in real time, with room- or bay-level accuracy:
- Patient Safety: The badge features a call button enabling patients to call for assistance in case of duress or distress;
- Staff Duress: The call button also makes the T14 badge ideal for staff duress applications in the ED, Behavioral Health and other departments;
- Nurse Call Automation: With the ability to locate staff members at the room level, the T14 supports automation of nurse call response documentation, via integration between STANLEY Healthcare’s MobileView software and the nurse call system;
- Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring*: The T14 badge enables accurate capture of hand hygiene events from compatible dispensers and the correlated entrance/exit of staff members in patient rooms.
“Wireless devices, smart sensors and other connected technologies that make up the Internet of Things are having a dramatic impact on healthcare,” says Gabi Daniely, Vice President of Solutions, Products and Marketing at STANLEY Healthcare. “STANLEY Healthcare is extending its leadership in RTLS, one of the foundational technologies of the IoT, with a number of innovations that give hospitals visibility to the location and status of patients and staff as well as equipment. The T14 badge is specifically designed for cutting-edge applications such as patient flow, staff workflow and hand hygiene compliance monitoring. Combined with the visual dashboards of MobileView Analytics, the real-time data provided by these solutions give hospitals a new level of understanding of the complex interrelationships between staff, patients and equipment to improve care collaboration, safety and security for patients, operational efficiency and ultimately the patient experience.”
The T14 offers a number of features that support comfort for patients, ease of use for staff and flexibility for the hospital:
- Lightweight, small form factor and ergonomic design;
- Attachable with standard hospital wristband for patient use or badge clip for staff use;
- Water and dust resistant (IP-67 rating) to allow normal patient bathing;
- Rechargeable battery;
- Dual-color LED for positive feedback to button presses;
- Room- and bay-level accuracy;
- Over-the-air configuration and firmware upgrades.
Learn more about the T14 badge on the STANLEY Healthcare website at stanleyhealthcare.com/products/t14-badge. The full range of STANLEY Healthcare’s operational intelligence and security solutions will also be on display at Cisco Live, June 8-11 in San Diego, California. Find STANLEY Healthcare at booth 3221, and at the Connected Health pavilion in the Cisco Campus (booth 1733).
* Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring is in a limited-release phase.
AeroScout and MobileView are registered trademarks of Stanley Black & Decker or its affiliates.
Let's start a conversation today
- North America +1 (888) 622-6992
- International +1 (781) 216-9200