STANLEY Healthcare Expands By Your Side™ Customer Care Program for Hugs® Infant Security Solution
New elements such as proactive system monitoring, managed software updates and online learning and engagement tools enable hospitals to maximize safety for infants and patients
WALTHAM, Mass., June 11, 2015 — STANLEY Healthcare a market leading provider of visibility solutions and analytics for the healthcare industry, announced today the expansion of the By Your Side customer care program for its Hugs Infant Protection solution and other patient security solutions. Visitors to the STANLEY Healthcare booth #311 at the Association of Women’s Health, Obstetrics and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN) Convention will have the opportunity to discuss the program with representatives of STANLEY Healthcare’s clinical education team. AWHONN is taking place in Long Beach, California, June 13-17.
The expanded By Your Side program builds on the success of the original program, which has helped hundreds of hospitals to successfully implement and use infant and patient security. STANLEY Healthcare’s Hugs solution is the most widely deployed infant protection product, protecting over 1.5 million infants every year in 1300 hospitals worldwide.
Through the By Your Side program, STANLEY Healthcare and its authorized partners offer a range of materials and services to form a true partnership for the highest levels of patient security. Highlights of the newly added elements of the By Your Side program include:
- Proactive system monitoring to enable rapid identification and resolution of issues before they impact performance;
- Managed software updates to keep the solution operating at peak performance;
- E-learning and classroom education for clinicians, administrators and IT staff;
- Online community to engage with peers and STANLEY Healthcare, and access support resources.
“We developed the By Your Side program because we realized that good technology is only one part of effective infant and patient security. It also takes comprehensive procedures, an aware and educated staff and many other things that require close partnership with our hospital customers over the long term,” says Diane Hosson, Senior Director of Security Solutions for STANLEY Healthcare. “We are very pleased to be building on this successful legacy with a greatly expanded By Your Side program that introduces a number of new supports that position our customers for success now and in the future.”
Structured to span the entire lifecycle of STANLEY Healthcare’s solutions, the By Your Side program combines a range of services at each stage of the customer voyage:
- Planning and Evaluation: As soon as customers engage with STANLEY Healthcare and its partners, they have access to a range of supports. Planning guides help customers understand the key considerations for design, implementation and use from the clinical, IT and security perspective. These are complemented by a solution briefing and workshops to review workflow and security requirements. Technical readiness is also assessed through a preliminary site survey, leading to a design summary that clearly defines the use case, solution layout and options for the hospital to choose from.
- Design: STANLEY Healthcare and its partners follow a structured approach to designing patient security solutions, applying many years of industry expertise. A detailed site survey expands on the preliminary investigation in the Planning phase, including assessment of the IT and Wi-Fi infrastructure to ensure readiness for mission-critical applications. This is followed by design workshops with nursing, security and IT to define technical and clinical requirements. In parallel, customers have access to implementation guides, sample policies and patient education materials to start developing policies and procedures for patient security.
- Implementation: During the critical implementation phase, project management education and technical experts work together to oversee every stage of the solution deployment. A dedicated project manager coordinates all aspects of the deployment, while administrators and clinical end users can access online training materials, supported by the option of onsite user education. Once deployment is complete, acceptance testing with active customer participation is the final step to ensure that the solution is ready for go live. Technical and clinical education staff can also be onsite during the go live period to support the launch.
- Ongoing Support: Engagement with customers continues post-implementation with a range of remote and in-person support services. In addition to 24/7 technical support, STANLEY Healthcare offers proactive system monitoring and managed software updates. Online education also remains available for training of new employees. These remotely managed services are complemented by onsite service from certified technicians and training from the clinical education team. Finally, STANLEY Healthcare helps leaders to stay on top of best practices and interact with peers through its online community, newsletters and regular events.
Hugs is a registered trademark of Stanley Black & Decker or its affiliates. By Your Side is a trademark of Stanley Black & Decker or its affiliates.
Let's start a conversation today
- North America +1 (888) 622-6992
- International +1 (781) 216-9200