STANLEY Healthcare Renews Commitment to Patient Safety with Patient Safety Movement Foundation Open Data Pledge
Joins leading healthcare technology companies in making data from its solutions interoperable and accessible to clinicians and others responsible for patient safety
WALTHAM, Mass., July 21, 2016 —STANLEY Healthcare, a market leading provider of visibility and analytics solutions for the healthcare industry, today announced that it has signed the Patient Safety Movement Foundation’s Open Data Pledge, a public pledge to share data from its solutions to promote patient safety.
STANLEY Healthcare is a leading provider of patient safety solutions, including Fall Management to identify potential patient falls; Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring to support reduction of hospital acquired infections (HAIs); Asset Management for timely preventative maintenance of mobile medical equipment; Environmental Monitoring for continuous monitoring of pharmaceuticals, blood products and other temperature-sensitive items; and Infant and Patient Protection to guard against patient abduction or elopement and mother/baby mismatches. The company also offers a range of related solutions for resident safety in senior living environments, including Fall Management, Wander Management and Emergency Call.
The Open Data Pledge is designed to foster a marketplace of data analytics to encourage entrepreneurs to develop novel uses of health data that will improve patient safety and reduce preventable deaths. The pledge does not ask any company to share protected or proprietary data or not follow all privacy laws. To date, 61 companies have made the pledge.
“The goals of the Patient Safety Movement Foundation and the Open Data Pledge are closely aligned with some of STANLEY Healthcare’s fundamental values,” says Gabi Daniely, Vice President of Products, Solutions and Marketing for STANLEY Healthcare. “We have worked for many years with healthcare providers across the care continuum to improve patient and resident safety, and we have always believed in a cooperative approach with our peers in the vendor community. We look forward to working closely with the Patient Safety Movement Foundation in helping providers to reach the goal of zero preventable deaths. “
The Patient Safety Movement Foundation is a non-profit organization that is working with all stakeholders, including patients, healthcare providers, medical technology companies, government, employers, and private payers. Its mission and public commitment is to eliminate preventable patient deaths by the year 2020 (0x2020). Healthcare providers from around the world have made specific commitments to improve patient safety and eliminate preventable harm.
STANELY Healthcare has undertaken a number of initiatives that directly support many of the stated patient safety goals of healthcare providers, and that make data from STANLEY Healthcare’s solutions available to other hospital information systems:
- M200 Fall Management Solution: The M200 is the culmination of STANLEY Healthcare’s 30+ years of pioneering work in electronic Fall Management, offering flexibility to align with varied Fall Management programs and to support individualized care plans. The result is a more proactive approach to reducing falls.
- Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring: This solution automatically detects when staff members wash their hands as they enter and exit patient rooms, with no extra steps for staff that could interfere with workflow. Visual dashboards from STANLEY Healthcare’s MobileView® Analytics platform offer highly granular information to identify opportunities for improved performance, raise awareness and foster accountability.
- Patient Flow Data Interoperability: STANLEY Healthcare’s AeroScout® Patient Flow solution captures location data on patients, staff and assets in a clinic or OR to drive operational efficiencies and improved patient experience. This data can be shared with electronic medical record and other hospital information systems to enable new analyses of demographic, clinical and location information impacting patient experience and outcomes.
- Visual analytics for Asset Management and Environmental Monitoring: STANLEY Healthcare has developed visual dashboards – part of MobileView Analytics – for these solutions that give providers new tools to see performance and make changes to improve efficiency and safety.
- Arial Emergency Call: The Arial solution is a central platform for resident safety, encompassing emergency call, nurse call, wander management and fall management, as well as facility security. STANLEY Healthcare has recently expanded the range of safety applications supported by Arial with the integration of wired nurse call systems.
Let's start a conversation today
- North America +1 (888) 622-6992
- International +1 (781) 216-9200