PORTSMOUTH, NH, May 19, 2020 — STANLEY Healthcare today announced that its AeroScout® Real-time Location System (RTLS) platform has been fully integrated and certified with Cisco DNA Spaces—the next-gen indoor location services platform—to offer enterprise-wide visibility into the location and status of assets and people in healthcare environments.
Cisco DNA Spaces is a powerful, end-to-end, indoor location services cloud platform that provides wireless customers with rich location-based services. It delivers the industry's most scalable location-based platform, while being compatible across existing Cisco Aironet®, Cisco Catalyst®, and Cisco Meraki® infrastructure, as well as select Cisco Collaboration endpoints, with flexible deployment options.
“Through our collaboration with Cisco, STANLEY Healthcare is able to deliver a more seamless and cost-effective solution to healthcare providers who rely on RTLS as a core part of their operations,” said Sagi Geva, Director, Hospital Solutions for STANLEY Healthcare. “As we’ve seen with the COVID-19 pandemic, the ability to efficiently manage mobile equipment, trace the movements of patients and staff and safeguard vital materials has never been more important to patient safety. The integration of our RTLS platform with Cisco DNA Spaces brings this key functionality to more hospitals, with increased reliability and scalability.”
STANLEY Healthcare is the first certified Healthcare Partner for Cisco DNA Spaces. The integration of the AeroScout RTLS platform into Cisco DNA Spaces offers key benefits to healthcare organizations:
- Easier management: Simplified architecture and integration model streamlines deployment and upgrades;
- Scalable: The solution scales seamlessly and offers improved performance to better support enterprise systems and IDNs, enabling enterprise-wide visibility with simpler architecture;
- Reliable: Joint architecture reduces the frequency and duration of downtime due to cloud availability, remote 24x7 monitoring, and API monitoring.
“Cisco DNA Spaces is an industry leading indoor cloud location platform that leverages Cisco’s Wi-Fi access points to deliver location services. Now more than ever, these services play a crucial role in helping healthcare providers optimize efficiency and improve the delivery of care and patient experience,” said Rajesh Reddy, Head of Product, Cisco DNA Spaces. “The addition of the AeroScout platform to the Cisco DNA Spaces App Center makes deploying and managing advanced healthcare location solutions easier, lowers the overall TCO for our joint solution, and provides higher performance with 24x7 monitoring and notifications.”
Cisco DNA Spaces is the backbone that enables STANLEY Healthcare’s mission to provide a more efficient and safer healthcare environment regardless of the application:
- Asset Management: Real-time visibility to the location and status of mobile medical equipment, driving higher utilization rates and assuring that critical medical equipment is always available for patient care;
- Environmental Monitoring: Automation of monitoring of refrigerated storage units across multiple sites, for increased compliance, redirection of staff time to patients and cost avoidance;
- Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring: Accurate, continuous and objective monitoring and reporting of hand hygiene compliance to reduce Hospital Acquired Infections (HAIs) and improve patient safety;
- Infant/Patient Protection: Facility-wide protection for infants and patients, with 24/7 visibility to location and status in all parts of the hospital;
- Patient Flow: Real-time visibility of patients in the OR, ED and Clinics for reduced wait times, streamlined care team communications, increased capacity and higher patient and family satisfaction;
- Staff Protection: Personal protection for at-risk healthcare workers in the ED, Mental Health, OB and beyond;
- Staff Workflow: Real-time location of caregivers to optimize workflow, automate nurse call functionality and maximize reimbursement.
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide technology leader that has been making the Internet work since 1984. Our people, products, and partners help society securely connect and seize tomorrow's digital opportunity today. Discover more at newsroom.cisco.com and follow us on Twitter at @Cisco.